Hello, Gavin here. I've just come back from a Champions League game between FCK (FC Copenhagen) and Rubin Kazan of Russia - who brought along a fearsome contingent of 12 whole supporters. It was a slow game but a decent one, and we won 1-0. The silly people next to us left early and missed the goal too. Here are the rest of the results - spare a thought for poor RG and Spurs, who blew a 2 goal lead away from home to draw against Werder Bremen...
- In F1 news, Pedro De La Rosa has been replaced by Nick Heidfeld. We have a breakout thread to discuss the matter, but needless to say, it kinda makes sense if Nick and Pedro swap roles and Pedro takes over the Pirelli testing duties, doesn't it?
- Christine has written a post on the pursuit of happiness for Sebastian Vettel. He has been smiling more lately, hasn't he?
- Apparently Kimi Raikkonen is in the frame for a Renault drive next year. I wonder if this is just some 'Bernie tactics' from Renault to get some more money or points out of Petrov?
- The HRT mechanic who was hit by Sakon Yamamoto is still in hospital with a concussion and a damaged rib. Get well soon mate!
- The Paddock Life: Monza edition has been released with tales of wine, actors, rock stars, cycling and farewell parties. It includes the tale of Andy Stobart, who cycled down from Spa to Monza - that's 1200km in less than two weeks! What a legend!
- Adam Cooper has been looking at the books for BrawnGP and discovered that the team made a massive £98.5m profit last year. The directors apparently made a bit of money out of it - along with Jenson Button, apparently. I wonder why they didn't put more of that profit into developing this year's car?
- AUTOSPORT also has an interview with Dario Franchitti, who attended the Italian Grand Prix as a Guest of TW Steel. What a shame this man never got a crack at F1!
- Karun Chandhok has tweeted that he is going to appear on 5th Gear. So long as they don't run out of money and cancel the drive like his team did :(
That's all from me - a lot of news and stories to get through. I will leave you with some photography links from fellow Sidepodders:
- Guille has posted a very spooky picture of the week entitled "The Empire of Death" - apparently it's some sort of catacomb...
- Pat went to the Silverstone 1000km race at the weekend and has posted some pics and video of the event - looks like it was a heck of a lot of fun mate!
- And Lou has finally posted her Spa pics, which of course are really awesome. My favourite one is this one, because I really like the detail and the colours of the VirginF1 team. Good luck settling in at uni, Lou!
Journeyer and I are working on a guest post about championship contenders, which will be revealed in a few days.
In the meantime, enjoy your Wednesday and may it bring you lots of cake and nice food ;)