Yesterday was a bit mad, wasn't it? Launching and testing at the same time is quite a push, and it's no wonder Toro Rosso suffered some reliability issues. Anyway, today we just have testing to keep an eye on, and so far it's looking pretty interesting. Keep an eye on the dedicated threads for all the info. Meanwhile, here are some of the things we're discussing:
- Talking of testing, Mr C pointed out yesterday that we saw the largest spike of traffic ever on Sidepodcast since we started - even bigger than when Lewis Hamilton took the championship in that oh-so-epic Brazil GP in 2008. I want to imagine this is down to a rejuvenated interest in F1 that isn't down to Schumacher, but... I can't really fool myself like that. Still, yay for F1!
- Joe announced plans for A Formula 1 Evening With... which will see the man meet a limited number of Formula One fans in London, to discuss all things motor sport over a drink or three. There's a dedicated page should you need more detail.
- Lukeh has been covering the launches pretty well so far, and yesterday he got to not only cover a brand new STR, but also the appearance of Rubens in his new Williams seat. Technically, Williams haven't done the whole launch thing and we've only seen a couple of leaked photographs before so seeing the new car in action was pretty good.
- This weekend's F1 Debrief went up last night, and there's plenty of fine chatter in there, including my thoughts on the new Renault colours, and shock, horror, some compliments for Autosport. We even scored the launches out of 10, and intend to do more of the same! Let us know your scores, if you feel like it, in that thread.
- I also want to highlight James Allen's Twitter thing, which is pretty impressive. we've heard mixed feelings about it so far, but whether you're a fan or not, it's quite the sight when you first check it out!
That should do for now. We'll be around all day following the action in Valencia, so I will see you in the comments.