'Ello and welcome to the 9th February 2011, how exciting! Gavin is off on holiday at the moment (lucky for some) so here I am with a daily post, my first of 2011 as well, to help you on your way today.
- The good news is that Robert Kubica's condition continues to improve after his high-speed accident during a rally in Italy. Just how long he will be out for is not yet known, with estimates of a few months or up to a year, Renault are searching for someone to stand-in in the meantime. All I can say is I wish Robert a speedy recovery!
- Yesterday Force India launched their 2011 car the VJM04, and it has to be said it does look a lot like last years. With the car they are targeting 5th place in the championship, which considering the teams they would have to beat to do that, is very ambitious.
- HRT have sort of launched their new car by revealing images of the brand new livery for 2011. The car does is rather deviod of sponsorship though and their attempt to hide it is intresting I suppose if not a little desperate.
- Norbert Haug has said thats that Mercedes cannot use the new Pirelli tyres as an excuse if it struggles for performance this season. So it is time for Michael to prove he either is the same as he always was or should go home.
- Timo Glock has kicked off his defence of Christine's Rankings champion for 2011. This year the teams are getting in on the act with their very own rankings, so there should be twice as much fun to be had. You can find out who has taken a early lead here.
- F1 Big Picture (formally partnered with F1 Minute also worth checking out as well) which as you may know, thanks to a recent podcast, has been given its own space on the internet. Anyway if you haven't ever done so, or haven't done so recently it is worth paying it a visit if only to look at F1 pictures which are as the name suggests big. Such as yesterdays which is of Robert Kubica from his time at BMW.
And finally as requested by Amy a Hekki mention, which was difficult because there was no news for him sadly. Not to be defeated I will provided you with the various ways you can follow Hekki, on Twitter and Facebook as well as his official site. All worthwhile following, so get to it!
So that is it, I hope you all have a good day and I shall see you in the comments!