Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I have just had a very nice surprise – a friend from New Zealand just came to visit who I haven’t seen for four years! It was quite a shock when I opened my door to see him there!
There’s not too much F1 news out there as the teams are busy preparing for Silverstone, but here are some links you might enjoy:
- Lukeh, Pat, Kai and Lou have written some great blog posts about the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Sounds like a great time was had by all and the pics and videos look awesome too!
- Speaking of pictures of Vintage racing cars, Leigh has found an excellent coffee table book of the 1934 season.
- I also saw some vintage racing cars last weekend – I was stuck in a monster traffic jam and not one but three of these drove by on the hard shoulder. Wow!
- Christine has posted her Tweets of the Week, along with the Driver and Team Rankings, which are always well worth checking out.
- ‘Disco Dan’iel Ricciardo is making his debut for Hispania this weekend. Here is a short interview with him (Plus Subscribers only).
- His new team have been sold, apparently. Joe Saward tries to untangle the mess and decipher what the future holds for HRT.
- Also in the Plus section of AUTOSPORT, articles on a farewell to Ned Flanders … err … Mario Thiessen (sorry, I always get them confused!) and an article about why banning off-throttle diffusers may well be a load of hot air…
- Here’s a great article from F1Pulse about Sebastian Vettel’s monocoque… and did you know Seb’s website is now selling giant foam versions of his finger? Sadly, that is not a hoax :(
- Here’s a cool article about the Nurburgring 24 Hours. I so want to go to this race!
- Here’s an article about how Ferrari flatter to deceive on road tests. WARNING: It’s a good read but a little sweary!
- I think these farmers lining the Tour de France route have too much time on their hands ;)
So that’s all from me. I hope you all have a great day. On Friday I will be on holiday for three weeks, so even if I pop in here I won’t be able to write my usual Daily again until Wednesday 3rd August. Why not volunteer to do a guest post? They’re great fun and all you have to do is write… just get in contact with Christine via the contact form on the About page or just let us know in the comments… and see you there!