I've been on holiday for a bit and so has F1, so there's not much to report on, so it's time for...
The 7th Hardest F1 Quiz Ever
Here's the deal - answer as many questions as you can in the comments and the the person with the most correct answers win an illustrated F1 scene of their choosing* (e.g. 'I want an illustration of Stirling Moss battling with Michael Schumacher at Spa, but they are both driving 6-wheeled Tyrells and Couthard is following on a hoverbike') sent to their door. Well, probably through their door, as that's how post works.
Ready? Here we go:
1) How long was Juan Manuel Fangio's longest pit stop at the 1951 Belgian Grand Prix (to the nearest minute)?
- 4 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 14 minutes
- 17 minutes
2) What year was the last Italian Driver's Champion crowned?
3) Who was Frank Williams talking about when he said, "I worshipped the guy. He was totally adorable. Everybody in motor racing turned out for his funeral, and there were plenty of red eyes from the hard guys"?
- Piers Courage
- Gilles Villeneuve
- Stefan Beloff
- Roland Ratzinger
4) What in 1999 caused Eddie Irvine to say, "Now I have to start thinking like a title contender"?
- His maiden win at the very first grand prix
- Team mate Schumacher, breaking his leg at Silverstone
- Irvine winning at the very next race, following Schmi's injury
- Irvine taking the lead in the championship
5) How many F1 constructors have there been whose name started with an S?
6) What was Stirling Moss's highest ever placing in the Monte Carlo Rally?
7) What is the difference in average race speed (of the winner) between the British Grands Prix of 1963 and 1996?
- 12.81 mph
- 16.67 mph
- 24.22 mph
- 27.34 mph
8) What colour was Honda's 2006/2007 winter testing livery?
9) Who was the last driver to get his debut win at the same time as achieving the team's debut win?
10) Who took this photograph?
11) Who, upon waking in hospital following an accident asked, 'Was it my fault?' ?
- Rubens Barrichello
- Mika Hakkinen
- Felipe Massa
12) Who is this?
13) Williams were once asked by F1 Racing Magazine to design the ideal F1 car, if rules restrictions didn't apply. Which of the following featured in its design (choose all that apply)?
- A Mid Wing
- An F Duct
- Four Small Front Wheels
- Four Small Rear Wheels
- Sliding Skirts
- Tiny, Non-Separated Front Wing
- No Rear Wing
- No Driver (remotely controlled)
- GPS Controlled auto-differential
- Closed Cockpit
- Automatic Steering
- Wedge Shaped Body
14) Bruce McLaren said, "To be killed in an accident with a Formula 2 car is almost unacceptable" about which F1 driver?
15) What caused Alain Prost to get completely drunk 'for the first time in [his] life'?
- Winning his first championship
- Ayrton Senna beating him to the championship by crashing him off in Japan 1990
- Senna's death
- Securing his first F1 race seat
- Winning his first Monaco GP
16) At top speed, an F1 car can travel along a ceiling
17) This guy is well known for doing something related to a previous F1 team. But what?
(Hint: He doesn't actually do anything to do with F1 itself)
18) Which former British F1 lead presenter has also competed in the World Rally Championships?
19) How many legs are on the entire 2011 F1 field of liveries? Only count one car from each team.
(20 points for an exactly right answer, -1 point for each one out, minimum zero)
20) Which former F1 driver's helmet colours were used for the character Beau Brandenburg in the movie Driven?.
So there you go, 20 questions! Good luck answering all of them - I hope they aren't too tough or too easy for you. Do as best as you can and I'll announce the answers and the winner next Saturday. End of the day (23:59) Wednesday will be the deadline as I have to check the answers.
*at the risk of sounding arrogant that my illustrations are worthy as a prize, of course.