Hey, hey, welcome to Monday, hope all is well where you are. Another week begins, and we are right in the middle of the summer break. So far, so good, there's still F1 news trickling in to tide us over, and there's plenty happening elsewhere in the world to keep us occupied until the action starts up again in a few weeks. Here are some of the things I've been perusing:
- Pat has written about the BBC/Sky deal with a pretty balanced view of all sides of the argument.
- Over on F1Minute, there's a sixty second update regarding some news filtering out from Ferrari's Wrooom Summer event. Seems like Alonso is still favourite over there in Maranello.
- RG has a great update to the new teams' championship, although I don't suppose we can call it that anymore really. Still, excellent work.
- Finally, Mr C also highlighted some of the great work done by Tony, taking F1 statistics and making them readable. I love a good graph.
- In Sidepodspace news, Jordan and Steven are still recruiting people for the Sidepodtrek expedition - a space exploration project to seek out free-to-air F1 coverage. I think I'm down as official panda keeper, but there's plenty of space for you on board. Pick a role and let us know!
- I also managed to get round to updating my blog with information about my visit to the National Space Centre. It wasn't that great.
- All Doctor Who fans will by now have seen the trailer for Series 6, Part 2, but I do love this screen capture breakdown. It takes a while to load and must have been a lot of work!
- I'll finish with a happy birthday to the world wide web, as it has turned 20 years old! It's certainly changed my life. It's hard to imagine where we'd be without it.
That's all for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend and the week ahead also treats you well. I'll put in an early call now for anyone who feels like volunteering for a one-off daily - I've got this coming Saturday free, and next Tuesday as well. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll see you in the comments.