Hey everybody, it’s Gavin having a go a writing the daily again. Random fact for you, 14 years ago today my family landed in NZ after emigrating there. It was the start of an awesome adventure, but that's for another blog post I think...
I do hope you enjoyed the football last night. Proper men, liquid football, jumpers for goalposts. He tried to walk it in during the second half. What about that dodgy decision by the ref? He was clearly offside. However, it was a game of two halves and football was the winner on the day.
(By the way, I'm writing this post before the game starts!)
Right then, have we got some links for you? Of course we have...
- Karun Chandhok is an F1 driver, a lovely bloke and a proper F1 fan. Here's his column from the Daily Telegraph about his Goodwood Experience.
- Speaking of Goodwood Experiences, Lukeh has posted three albums of great pics, along with PatW. I'm so jealous ;)
- In circuit news, TilKorea has announced it is on schedule (again!) and Di Licious likes the new Silverstone layout, but thinks there may not be so many overtaking moves...
- Damon Hill has been stirring the pot about the McLaren drivers, reckoning things will 'boil over' this weekend at Silverstone. Both drivers have shrugged this off. See, I don't think this will happen either - when they make great videos like this one, they clearly show that they like and respect each other. It will be a tough but fair fight between them, I reckon.
- Dank has been busy blogging again, offering tips to those going to Silverstone, and a retrospective of Lewis Hamilton's brilliant win in 2008.
So that's it for another day. Stay tuned for the obligatory World Cup post later, tonight's game between Spain and Germany looks to be a cracker!