Would you look at that, last day of July already! The months are just flying by! Today isn't just the last day until we head into the hopefully warm days of August, it's also the last before the 2 and a half week F1 summer holidays. I wonder where the likes of Stefano Domenicali, Christian Horner and Martin Whitmarsh, along with the hundreds of others that grace the paddock will be spending their time off? Perhaps more importantly, what are you all doing with your free weekends?
Today is a much more important day than that, and I'm thrilled I get to be on daily duty when this happens, it's Jenson's 200th race today! Wohoo! My favourite gets into the exclusive 200gps club, something Rubens managed some 100 races ago, but it's still special.
I'm very excited as he starts 3rd, which is the best qualifying he's had in a long time. To check out where your favourite came take a look at the highlights from Qualifying here. As you can expect, Mclaren and Jenson celebrated this milestone last night with a bit of a get together. Jenson's old and present team bosses gathered (except Nick Fry? I wonder if he got the memo?) to congratulate him. His team mate turned up for a bit of cake too! Speaking of cake, well there wasn't one.. but take a look at the effort the Mclaren catering team made over these amazing biscuits! I wonder if they could make us some Sidepodcast/ F1minute ones? or maybe an f1 big picture biscuit? hmmm biscuits..
I'm not going to rattle on about Jenson for much longer but can everyone just keep their fingers crossed for him tomorrow please? He's had a couple of tough races, and what better race could you ask to be a wonderful one than the 5th anniversary of your first win, and your 200th race! Go Jenson!
In the interests of trying not to seem too bias, we must not also forget that Fernando Alonso turned 30 this weekend! Happy Birthday Nando!
Before I move onto some fun and random links for today how about we have some predictions for the race?
- Will Vettel hold his lead into the first corner against Hamilton?
- How many safety cars?
- Who will be the first to retire?
- Will Jenson finish this one?
I'm sure you can all think of a few more too. Right, and onto some fun links then'
• I know Sidepodcast is an area where a lot of people like Apple products and nice technology, so if you have an Iphone and use it as an alarm clock this may be there perfect addition to your life.
• If you could have your own tiny world in a tiny bottle what would it be and would it look like any of these?
• Nothing, however dull it may seem, makes a bad subject for a photo. It’s the way you photograph it that makes all the difference, take a look at these photographs of scaffolding as proof.
• And finally, have you ever seen a Chimp feed a Tiger cub? Well you have now.
That's about it for today, have a lovely day race fans!