Oh, hello. It would appear we have reached Friday again which means another Friday, another week sorted. Good times ahead as the weekend approaches I'm sure and with an absolute myriad of sport to choose from, how can we complain? Yes, folks, get the strawberries and cream out and let's enjoy this Friday first! I'm actually a little nervous today as I'll be picking up my university results and finding out if I'm graduating or not, so if I could get you to keep your fingers crossed that would be great! My present back to you lovely readers re the following bullet points that withhold many awesome things to discuss:
- After a quite exceptional race in Canada and the highs of Montreal (welcome back!!) we return to the... sigh... incredibly unexceptional levels of Valencia's street 'circuit', or as I prefer it, the Bernie Ecclestone Dockland Experience. You know I find a circuit dull if Rubens can manage to win and do his epic podium dance in Valencia and it still be very meh to myself at least. But we are Formula 1 fans - we are used to silly times so I hope you still join us in the comments for FP1 and FP2 later today so we can be look at Valencia's awesome green building, as photographed by lou in harmony and all agree that naming two corners has made a huge difference to Valencia. At least there is one bit of awesome news - this weekend's driver steward will be Heinz Harald Frentzen!! He was my choice of driver when I wasn't Rubens on Formula 1 '97. Gotta love that Jordan.
- I have promised not to talk too much about the World Cup but I got introduced to the fantastic David Baddiel and Frank Skinner podcast last night and I've spent a while catching up on them. They are very, very funny but the reason I got told them was because I mentioned how much I missed the Baddiel and Skinner Fantasy Football shows that took place in the 90's and mid 00's. Fantastic shows they were and so very funny, so if you remember them and liked the shows definitely check that podcast out! The podcast does come with an Explicit Language warning so it would be recommended to make sure of this before in case it offends anyone.
- Yesterday saw the release of the new iPhone 4 within the UK and it was evident how much people wanted it - I myself saw queues at 8am in our city centre and still queuing when I was on my lunch at 12 noon. Madness! TouchGen have analysed the new iPhone from a gaming perspective and given their verdict on the new Apple release. If you've managed to get your hands on the new iPhone why not celebrate by looking at some recommendations for games I have for you!
- Broken Sword - iPhone/iPod - iPad
- Football Manager 2010 - iPhone/iPod
- Doodle Jump -iPhone/iPod
- Labyrinth 2 - iPhone/iPod - iPad
- Godfinger -iPhone/iPod - iPad
- Plants vs Zombies -iPhone/iPod - iPad
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -iPod/iPhone
- Real Racing - iPhone/iPod - iPad
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - iPhone/iPod
- And now a final round up of this, that and everything worth chatting about. Make sure that you guys give Leigh O'Gorman's fantastic guest post a gander as he talks about the former Montjuïc Circuit that used to sit in the F1 calendar as the Spanish GP- it's a fascinating read. The little video included as well I really loved. Today is also the birthday of the very much loved British driver Johnny Herbert, so yay for Johnny Herbert! Surely I can't be the only person that would love to see him on the BBCF1 team?
I think that's enough for one day, ladies and gentlemen. Remember there's plenty of World Cup action and Wimbledon too so there's plenty to keep us all amused. Of course, I couldn't go today without mentioning this - the Goodwood Festival of Speed starts in just 7 days! Yeeeeeeeeeehawww!! I know there are plenty within the Sidepodcast family that are going to be there whether it be one, two or all three days and I'll be there myself so I'll hope to see you guys if you're going! Plus you could always follow Goodwood on Twitter to get the latest news as we lead up go the awesomeness that it is. But for now, I bid you farewell, and I shall see you guys in the comments in which good times shall be had for all.