Happy Easter Sunday everyone! I hope you all have a large amount of chocolate or maybe some celebratory Pimms to help you through this non F1 filled day. Just…
14 days, 12 hours and 58 minutes until the Turkish Grand Prix. #f1
… and that really is the end of the F1 news today, well that was short.
Moving on to more motorsport news have you seen Mike Conway’s new haircut? I mean driver video? He takes us round his apartment (which I love), on a track walk, to breakfast and much more! Make sure you check it out.
Leigh’s been off travelling around on public transport again in order to get to cover some F3 races. Here is his report from yesterday, look out for a diary of how things are going from him in the next few days too. Not sure about you but I’m starting to get a bit jealous of his F3 tour!
Yesterday was fun wasn’t it? Amy made a banoffee pie, Lukeh went to Cardiff, Mr and Mrs C went on a day out (and had a fabulously named drink too! ) and Pat was also enjoying the sunshine while playing a round of golf. Make sure you all continue to enjoy the sunshine, goodness knows when it will be replaced by rain!
Yesterday also marked the return of a much loved series over here at sidepodcast. Dr Who made it’s come back to our screens in a rather confusing fashion. Check out our live thread for more details on our initial thoughts, while Lukeh offers some more collected thoughts over on his blog.
I have a lot of exciting arty links for you all today, as always discussion of links, plus anything you may feel inspired by is welcome in the comments.
• I’ve always had a soft spot for documentary and photojournalistic photography, Lee Jeffries and Jan Banning both have amazing technical ability as well as a stunning eye for detail and composition. Their photographs are true works of art, please check them out.
• Within nature photography it is getting increasingly difficult to produce highly original and unique pieces but Cecelia Webber has managed it with her recreations of nature using human forms. Amazing.
• Creativity is something I always try to encourage, be it using post it notes, toy advertisements, competitions, city walls (absolutely love this!) or innovative and cute ideas we wish were on sale in ikea.
• If you like photography, and if you do I don’t blame you it’s wonderful, have you looked at these websites? They’re all pretty great and often contain very useful tips.
• Finally I want to finish with a truly beautiful piece of footage. It’s a time-lapse video created by Terje Sorgjerd and it leaves me speechless. What do you think?
That’s about it for me today, I hope you all have a lovely day and I’ll see you in the comments.