Hello Sidepodcast fans, it is Tuesday the 23rd August 2011. Formula One's summer break is almost at end, this weekend will see racing at Spa Francorchamps for the Belgium Grand Prix. There are only 9 races of the 2011 season left now, scary thought eh?
- The FIA have decided to ban the use of DRS through Eau Rouge in practice and qualifying, on safety grounds. The high speed corner is renowned for being tricky at the best of times, although that didn't stop drivers tackling it one handed last year.
- Michael Schumacher will this weekend celebrate the 20th anniversary since his debut in Formula One and the Mercedes team are hopeful over a positive result to celebrate the occasion.
- 2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will test the Peugeot 908 Le Mans car this Wednesday, with a positive test possibly leading to an outing in next year's Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Pirelli believes the difference in lap time between the tyres in use for this weekend's race at Spa will be the biggest of the season so far, largely down to the 4.3 mile circuit than a change in their tyres.
- It has been confirmed that Jenson Button will be attending this year’s Race of Champions, held in Dusseldorf in December.
- Joe has returned from his summer break with a bumper post over on his blog, full of F1 news as well what he got up to during his summer break.
- This weekend sees the return of Doctor Who with the second half of Series 6, starting off with 'Let's Kill Hitler'. BlogtorWho have preview of the upcoming episodes, although be warned there are some spoilers.
- Back in June, but I've just found out about it now, the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation in Tokyo unveiled the “Geo-Cosmos”, the world’s first large-scale spherical OLED. To be blunt the results are breathtaking, well worth taking a look if you haven't seen it before.
- Advertising billboards have becoming part of the background in today's world, prompting marketers to get creative and interactive to get us to notice them. Mashable have found 10 great examples of interactive advertising, my favourites have to be the Cadbury's and IBM's.
- Yesterday Twitter announced it’s rolling out “user galleries,” which will collate the images from tweets, sent after January 1st, 2010 into an organized page for your viewing pleasure.
Last night SidepodcastDaily.com launched, it replaces realtime and will include comments from all threads, so business as usual. This is the start of Christine and Mr C's future plans for Sidepodcast, but for the time being it is very much a work in progress so please be patient as they get it up to speed!
Now I leave you once more so all that is left for me to do is say I hope you have a good day and I shall see you in the comments!