Hello people of the midweek, it's Gavin here. Ready for another smorgasbord of links? Well then, Ladies and Gentlemen, Start your Engines!!!
- The long wait for the first official F1 game in 5 years is almost over, and Lukeh has a breakout thread with all you need to know. I have pre-bought and downloaded the game on Steam for PC, so I am just waiting for the official release...
- With that in mind, I have set up a wiki page so that we can all find each other when playing online. Sidepodcup, anyone?
- Over at Sidepodcast, the blog posts have been hot off the presses today. Firstly, Christine has given us Ten Reasons Singapore Is Fabulous Despite Flavio's Best Efforts. Also, Christine's Rankings and the Tweets of the Week are out.
- In other F1 news, Jerome D'Ambrosio is going to get some Friday driving time in the VirginF1 car that Di Licious normally drives. Nice to see a new kind of dessert in F1!
- Apparently that Hispania Moda mechanic I talked about last week that got hit by Sakon Yamamoto is recovering well. Good on him!
- Renault has secured a new sponsor which has strong connections to Petrov (and therefore must mean he has a drive next year). I am sure he will want to drive well to please Mr. Shipyard ;)
- Renault's team principal (Gerard Lopez) reckons F1 should be selling itself better. More Historic Footage? Oooh Yes!
- Singapore is removing some of it's character and sanitising itself already by reprofiling, grinding out bumps and lowering curbs. Mr. Rosberg will be also pleased to know that the pitlane has been lowered by 1cm in order to make the transition smoother...
- RG's new Sauber blog is really rocking - here is a post about their new reserve driver, Esteban Gutierrez
- The folks from the excellent picture blog, Speedhunters, are following the GT1 world tour around. Here is their photo diary from the Portimao round. It looks like a wicked circuit!
- Speaking of photos, Lou is settling into her photography course at uni and needs your help choosing one of her F1 photos for a poster. Help her decide!
- Christine has been busy blogging on non-F1 topics too - check out her latest reads and her story about her first (and only) autograph...
- Finally, Mr. C. has asked me to plug the Five Pints of Awesome Sidepodcast Dashboard. It's live commenting goodyness and even though it has it's own post, Mr. C. says it can't be plugged enough...
That's all from me. I do hope you have a great day and be sure to let us know if you get your copy of the F1 2010 game early - I for one cannot wait!!!