Hello and servus! Welcome to my last daily before Christmas and I am glad you have found a few spare minutes to read it. But since the countries in this part of the world are covered in snow and the normal life has been disabled in many ways you do have the time anyway. Unless you are a poor traveler who got stuck at an airport or a bus/train station. But then you can't read this daily anyway due to a lack of internet access. Unless there IS an internet access and you are able to kill the time whith surfing in the web. However if you really were and unlucky traveler who got stuck somewhere between A or B (or B and C) you probably would have searched in the web for some help than ... OK. I shall stop in here before I got stuck in my weired, far from logical, reasoning. :-)
- The German Sports Personalities of The Year 2010 were chosen on Sunday. It's no big surprise that Sebastian Vettel won the award. Congratulations!
- Mark Webber is currently visiting Thailand and last Saturday he raced the Showcar in front of more than 150,000 people as part of the celebrations for His Majesty the King's 84th birthday. Hmm... my question is: how was the cake?
- Fernando Alonso is planning a very special gift for his fans. Fernando, lad ... I have only one wish (apart from you winning the title in 2011 and in the next - at least - 6 consecutive years) ... shave this something off your face!!
- Martin Whitmarsh will remain on the position as the chairman of FOTA.
- Sauber has got a new partner: Interprotección which is a Mexican insurance company.
- And here is fans' review of the 2010 season .
- Due to the weather conditions the majority of the Premier League fixtures has been canceled. Only two of the originally scheduled matches took place, and a the time of writing Manchester City is taking on Everton. Oh wait ... this means that Everton are playing in pink! PINK!!!
- They played some football in Spain though. Real Madrid defeated Sevilla 1:0 in a dreadful match. Lihe The Special One said: "I don't want to talk about this match, it wasn't even a football match." True. It was only pushing around. In the Catalan derby FC Barcelona won against Espanyol Barcelona 5:1 and is leading the championship with 2 points ahead of Real. Oh and Atletico Madrid defeated Malaga 3:0 however Diego Forlan didn't feature. I think he still is about to cure form the snow-shock from the last Thursday.
- Speaking of last Thursday ... I almost forgot to mention the round of 16 draw in the Champions and Europa League. I might be travelling to Prague in February.
- In the last week's daily I mentioned Carlos' Tevez desire to leave the ehm ... city of Manchester (I do not blame him) and go back home to Argentina. Well, yesterday he withdrawed that request. Come on boys, do act like man, will you?
So. That will be all for today. Not much really, but the snow & Christmas time/holidays/madness are taking control.
By the way, are you looking forward to Boxing Day? I am. :-)
But it's 5 more days (today doesn't count anymore) and till than I will leave you with some good music from Liverpool. No, I do not mean The Fab Four, I mean Ronny Tour. He's quite unknown, but this will change rapidly, I am telling you! He was touring through Germany recently and on stage he is ... fab, genuinely fab. Like a true Liverpool musician should be. It's the tradition, you know. ;-) Ronny is an Everton fan, but nevermind this I love his music. Just like you will very soon, too. Just do not wait any longer and buy it here.
And have a great day either with Ronny's music or not (but better with) and take care! The white enemy is still out there! ;-)
P.S. Since I mentioned Everton FC ... did you know their away kit is PINK?? ;-D Oh, crap ... they are winning 0:2!! However, pink is pink. Full stop.