Happy Birthday Andrea de Cesaris! Happy Birthday to Alison too!
Helloooooooooooooo Sidepodcast! Did you enjoy the Monaco Grand Prix? Have you rated the race yet? Heard about the little boy who threw his toys out of the pram? No? It’ll only take an F1 Minute. If that’s not enough, both DC and Jake have their thoughts on it too. Or you can see and hear remixes of it too. Wouldn’t you love to get into Hamilton’s head though?
Plenty of action was to be had over the course of the whole Grand Prix, with lots to look back on, ask questions and analyse. And in Christine’s Rankings, plenty of points were scored by both the teams and the drivers, including a first time score for Tonio Liuzzi. Have you read his column on ESPNF1 yet?
Great to hear that both Perez and Petrov are OK. Scary crashes too! And it sounds like Renault are unhappy with Heidfeld, saying that he has to reach the pineapple of his abilities. Which is surprising, because Heidfeld is driving like his usual self I reckon?
There’s also lots of pics from the Cahier Archive worth checking out. And buy some too, because Paul-Henri is awesome!
I suppose you saw Geri Halliwell all over the cameras like THAT WOMAN at the Grand Prix? Well check out this pic from Cooperman. He swears the caption is real!
I found a great article about Stefan Bellof, the man who should have won the 1984 Monaco Grand Prix. What if, I suppose…
Some more quick links for you:
- Pat’s got some updated scores for his TMR Game
- Also Pat wrote about a Manic Street Preachers concert he attended with Lukeh & Mr. C.
- RachelC has some great pics from Motorsport at the Palace
- Lukeh found a great video about some mental extreme paraskiing down the Eiger Mountain
- Here’s an insane world record car jump performed before the Indy 500 started!
- Nick found some great footage from a GoPro HD camera used during Indoor Karting. I should go again soon…
- Finally, Jalopnik has a list of some cool car posters we may have had on our walls as kids…
So that’s all from me – see you in the comments and have a great day!