'Ello and welcome to the 17th May 2011, how exciting! eh? For those longing for the weekend, well we're one day closer to it and the Spanish Grand Prix, so lets take a look at what has been going on;
- Adrian Sutil faces a criminal complaint from Eric Lux of Genii (the owners of Renault GP), after weeks of rumours of an altercation in China between the two yesterday the complaint was filed yesterday and there is a possibility of further action in the future.
- Albert Park are to hold on to the Austraillian Grand Prix, as the talk of moving elsewhere has now been ruled out. The circuit has hosted the Grand Prix since 1996 and will continue to do so until for at least the remander of the current deal which will take it to the 2015 season.
- Elsewhere Mark Smith has began work as Technical Director at Team Lotus after waiting since last June when he signed. The team he left, Force India, are unsure if their upgrade package will be ready to race at this weekends race.
- Ever wondered how they design what the F1 cars will look like? Well Mercedes have given away how they have designed and painted this years car in this video.
Non F1 Stuff
- Last week Skype was bought by Microsoft for the hefty sum of $8.5 billion, well now Mashable have a cool infographic detailing Skypes rollercoaster history, who the winner were of the Microsoft deal and where it might go from here.
- One of the biggest problems with motorsports venues are its tranport links or the lack of them, Leigh has been finding this out with Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
- In gaming news, the Playstation Network has finally started to come back online albeit slowly and some users are still experience problems. Also there are rumours that the next chapter of the Metal Gear Solid franchise will be release in 2012, personally I can't wait.
- With yesterday being Monday it means there are some new tweets of the week including those on travel disasters, and activities such as Mastermind and the Eurovision Song Contest.
- With today being Tuesday, it can mean only one thing its Rankings day! If you've seen anything you think a driver might deserves points for, now is the time to bring it to Christine's attention.
In yesterday's daily you will have seen a tweet from Mark Webber, who had been attending the opening of the revamed
A1Ring Red Bull Ring in Austria. Well I leave you with a video on the festivites that took place there over the weekend, featuring interviews, cars (old and new), bikes, planes and even a lap with last years championship winning car the RB6 driven by Sebastian Vettel.