Hello Everyone. How has your week gone so far? I do hope you are all having fun. Here are some links for you to read on this fine Wednesday...
Normally, I'd start with some F1 news, but last night, something "efic" returned!
Debrief is back!
After months of downshifting, the Debrief is back! Yes, you read that right! So if you haven't heard it already, go ahead and have a listen. It's great to hear Christine and Mr. C. talk about the race again, and I reckon this episode is just as good if not better than the ones pre-downshifting. Let's hope that we see more debriefs in future ;)
And now for the News...
So there has been a little bit of F1 news today, and I have a lot of links to blog articles and other articles of interest.
- The Korean F1 Circuit has passed it's inspection by Charlie Whiting, so we are going to try and have a Korean Grand Prix. Joe Saward has some pics of the circuit in it's current state, and it looks a heck of a lot different to how they wanted it to look, as seen in this awesome Red Bull CGI video.
- Nico Hülkenberg is apparently not bothered that he has not been announced as having a drive at Williams next year. With Pastor Maldonado and his rumoured millions on offer, I would be!
- In the worst pun I have seen all day, Red Bull are "unmoved" by the flexi-wing saga. Har!
- Portimao looks like it will be added to the F1 winter testing roster. I do hope we have a Grand Prix there one day as it's quite a cool circuit...
- Mark Hughes of AUTOSPORT, apparently the BBC F1 commentary box producer as well, reckons Robert Kubica is arguably the best driver in F1. Well he has a point, Robert has done pretty awesome given the circumstances this year!
- Will Buxton was part of a group that went to Abu Dhabi to learn what it takes to become an F1 driver. Here's his really well written piece on his first couple of days. Sounds like it takes a lot more than we all think...
- Will also managed to sneak into a screening of the Senna Documentary whilst in Japan, and his thoughts on the movie are here. I just wanna know why we have to wait until June to see it?
- Sutton Images and Lotus Racing have released YouTube videos of their favourite photos from the weekend. Some lovely and timely shots in there...
- A couple of tweets for you. Apparently there may be some Aero testing at Kemble tomorrow by the Williams team. Also, Heikki may be a great fireman but he isn't too good at electrical safety...
- Christine has released her rankings for the week, which include a lot of action off the track from when the rain stopped the action on the track ;)
- Lukeh found a video that showed a track creator in the soon to be released Gran Turismo 5. His comment after seeing it was "...Quite frankly I don't see a need for Tilke anymore." Quite.
- Christine is having a Back to the Future marathon and has put up film watch posts for parts one and two. I am sure three is coming very soon ;)
- Gap clothing changed it's logo last week to something which they thought people liked, but in fact didn't. A lot. To the the point where the company changed it back after a rather large internet campaign. This article tries to figure out why it wasn't liked and compares it to other unsuccessful logo changes. Bonus points: fonts are discussed ;)
- Düsseldorf has won the competition to host next year's Eurovision Song Contest, beating bids from Berlin, Hamburg and Hanover. I wonder if the bids had to sing for points like they do in the contest?
That's all from me, and it's quite a lot this week. I do hope you enjoy your day :)