Hello! Welcome to Thursday 13th May 2010. We are only 4 days removed from the Spanish Grand Prix and they are at it again, this time around the twisty streets of Monaco. For the only time this year we get free practice on a Thursday rather than a Friday to allow the streets to be opened to the public again on the Friday.
On to the bullet points!!
- On Tuesday evening some of the drivers took part in a charity football match, by all accounts Fernando Alonso was perhaps taking it a bit too seriously but managed to score a couple of goals.There are some more photos here and here.
- KERS, the system they was ditched because it was apparently too costly, or the more likely reason which was that McLaren's system was just plain awesome and everyone was scared of it, is edging ever close to make a return next year. Hopefully Red Bull will have a system so Sebastian Vettel doesn't complain about that "magic button".
- In case you have forgotten what Monaco looks like, Red Bull and Mark Webber have provided us all with a video taking us through all the twists and turns of the famous street circuit.
- The link in the above bullet point, is for Sidepodcast's 3000th post! Whilst Christine and Mr C have tried to insist it is because of guest posts, a large portion of those come from you two so thank you for all your hard work!
- Random fact for you all, of the top 4 teams (Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari) only Michael Schumacher has yet to be on the podium. The last time he was on the podium was way back in China 2006.
- You should all be used to Doctor who being part of my dailys by now, and this week I have for you Karen Gillan interviewing Matt Smith and Matt Smith interviewing Karen Gillian!
All that is left is to wish you all a good day, and I shall see you in the comments!