Huhu!!! Guess who's back? It's no other than me. :-) This is my first "proper" daily in 2011 and it won't be less packed with footie facts than the other ones. Before I begin with links and other goodies: Happy New Year! I said it in my Spanish Daily already, but I think it has to be said in the "proper" daily too. If you still haven't had enough of celebrating you can celebrate the day milk was delivered in bottles for the first time (January 11th in 1878). If that's not an occasion ???!!!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a week it's been in sport! There's been things and stuff going on, you wouldn't believe it! It has been quite a week especially for us, Liverpool fans as (it was/is all over the media, but some of you might have missed it) Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent, and Kenny Dalglish took charge as the manager just one day before our FA CUP match against United at Old
Toilet Traford. We lost the match 1:0 though, and are out of the FA Cup, but it didn't really feel like a defeat considering we had to play one man down for a quite long time, and United had Howie on their side. It NEVER EVER was a penalty! Not even in a dream! Actually, it's not incorrect to say he was United's 12th man on the pitch. Everyone knows that so I do not understand what's the turmoil about then? Oh well, we lost, we are out, but King Kenny is back and gives us hope again.
Now, when the most important news has been said, let's focus on some F1 news:
- Joe finally unveiled the truth about Formula 1. There you have it ...
- HRT confirmed Narain Karthikeyan's return and Christine wrote all about it.
- Red Bull acuses Ferrari of stealing their engeneers. Hmm ... "Bild" (the equivalent of "Sun") was the source, so I wouldn't believe it.
- They also play down Vettel-Ferrari talk. There we go again ... It won't stop until he actually signs for them.
- Keke & Nico Rosberg raced againts each other in Finland. Nico won. In -25° celsius. Co ... co ... con ... congratulations!
- On Friday Williams are going to celebrate Maldonado's signing with a run of the their 2010 FW32 in Venezuela. If some of you is planning a last-minute trip, Venezuela might be the destination.
- Force India will start testing with their old 2010 car.
- Renault will unveil their new car in Velencia on 31st of January, and Ferrari will do it one day later in the same city.
- Speaking of tests, James Allen wrote a post about some key trends we should look out for when the season starts. Like Lou said: "that’s just 8 short weekends". :-)
- He did it!!! He really did it! Fernando finally shaved!! I keep believing he did it for me. Hahahaaaa!
- Heikki was travelling recently and he met up with the Finnish ski jumping team. Gosh, I am SO jealous!
- Meanwhile Jenson has been cycling with no other than Lance Armstrong. Who do I envy more: Lance for cycling with Jenson or Mister Button for cycling with Lance? Defo Lance. :-)
Footie and other sports:
- The FIFA Player of The Year has been announced in Zürich today evening. I think you all know who's the one ... Lionel Messi once again!! Congratulations chap!!! You deserved it. With all due respect to Xavi and Iniesta, but it just wouldn't be fair ... OK. You're right. Nothing involving Sepp Blatter and his mates is fair. Lio deserved it the most and luckily at once the was some fairness. Full stop.
- The Special one received the award for The Manager of the Year. Can't blame nobody for that. Jose genuinely is A Special One.
- There they are again in good, old England. David Beckham started his training at Tottenham today while Thierry Handy has begun to train with his former club Arsenal.
- I already mentioned our FA Cup knock out. Here the other results and highlights of the Saturday's and Sunday's action. Stoke drew Cardiff 1-1 ... well, well ...
- And here are the results of the Fourth Round Draw . Fulham-Spurs ... nice one. West Ham vs Nottingham. Go, Men in Tights!
- In Spain ... Lordie! There has been amazing scenes! Real Madrid defeated Villarreal 4:2 and there's nothing special about that until you look at the scoring sheet. No other than Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat-trick yet again. It was his ... third? Fourth hat-trick in this season? This is getting quite ridiculous ... I am glad Kaka scored again, though.
- Barcelona defeated Deportivo 4:0 as well, hovewer without a hat-trick.
- Atletico are playing Hercules just now while I am typing this words. Diegito is featuring again. Go, go, goooooo, lad!
- Thomas Morgenstern won the Four Hills Tournament. Yet again Sven Hannavald's record of winning all four events hasn't been broken.
- In case you missed it, Heikki met Thommy in Bischofshofen. Love that!
- I kept the best news for the dessert: Australian Open finally begins! For me it means no sleep at all but it's defo worth the pain and the tear sacs I am defo going to get.
Oh, I've nearly forgotten to mention that we're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, so be sure to cheer for us!
That's all from me for this Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed the daily and I also hope you are going to have a fab day either with sports or without. :-) Take care and don't forget the comments! :-)
I am off to cheer for Atletico and listen to Football Ramble Extraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!